Thursday, December 14, 2006

Jeopardy at gym

Recently have been eating more than what a normal person should eat and this has inflated me much faster than a hot air balloon (now my friends call me football). I had acquired so much fat that a walrus would think that I am its distant cousin.

So to reduce the overgrown midsection I joined the college gym. My first impression of gym was “why the hell have they put so many mirrors here” (perhaps to show how fat I am from all sides). I got up in the morning 5:30 and started out to gym. It had been long time since I came out of house at this hour. The whole lane looked like a ghost town. As I walked down the lane a dog started following me, after a few minutes another dog joined in. then another dog joined in and started growling at me. This brought about ten dogs from no-where. All the dogs started barking at me. This was the most frightful situation I have ever been. I was sweating and shaking from head to toe, not knowing what to do I started running and all the dogs got excited and started chasing me. One god even snapped at me and got a piece of my pants. I ran as fast as I could and jumped into a nearby house. Phew this was the scariest moment in my entire life. The owner of the house woken up by all the noise came out with a cricket bat in his hand and chased away all the dogs. I thanked him with all my heart and made my way to gym, with a stick and some stones.

Finally I entered the gym hall, some people had already started working out. When I came in everyone looked at me as if a international sumo wrestler had just walked in. I went straight to the instructor’s office and knocked at the door. But the instructor had not yet come so I went back to gym hall and started walking on the treadmill. I had not even finished 1 lap and I was panting like a dog and had to stop for a drink. I saw some dumbbells lying nearby and a really dumb idea struck my head. I took a pair of 7.5 kg dumbbells and tried to lift it. Most of my fellow body builders were gaping at me. I did 2 counts and there was a sever pain in my left arm. The pain increased so rapidly that I couldn’t even keep the dumbbells down. I just rolled over like a gunny bag of peanuts. Thanks to the people looking at me they lifted me and took me to the hospital. A nice big guy had a car and gave me a ride.

The ride to hospital was memorable because the car I was sitting was a modified Skoda. He was driving at such a terrible speed that he could have been selected as F1 driver instead of Narain Karthikeyan. When we arrived at the hospital the doctor was sleeping on one of the beds reserved for patients. The nice bug guy bluntly shook him. The doctor was in such deep slumber that he screamed Ahhhh!

The doctor was surprised to such an extent that there was no trace of sleepiness after that. He examined my arm and gave me an injection. The needle was so big that it was probably ment for a cow but since I was so fat he used it on me. He said that I had a muscle tear, and had to rest my arm for a whole month.

The lesson learnt by this incident was dumbbells are for dumb people so be careful before you lift a dumbbell.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello..
Am Arpit.. i write a tech blog http://technicalbliss.blogspot.com
Can we exchange link? If yes, add me in you blogroll and drop a msg on my blog.. i will add you in my blog roll..
Thanks..

Unknown said...

ok mate it is done.

Anonymous said...

http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=5355898187294260997

Anonymous said...

or mayb the moral is if u eat like a cow ull get an injection meant for 1

Unknown said...

hehehheheheh, this ones better.